Friday 10 August 2012

Inspiration - Becca stadtlander

bell jar
This week I wanted to write about this wonderful illustrator, Becca Stadtlander.   Becca lives in Kentucky which is in the United States, and she attended Maryland Institute college of art to complete a BFA course in Illustration.   With a major list of clients including New York Times, Selvedge, HarperCollins, The Oprah magazine, Jamie Oliver magazine and many more you can see she is a well sort after lady.

I found Becca's lovely work while browsing on Etsy, where she has a fantastic range of paintings and greeting cards to choose from.  She uses gouache paints to create her paintings and I love the colours used, the way they flow, highlight and co-ordinate together as a textile design would.  The detail and composition in her paintings really appeals to me.  It makes me want to get my paintbrushes out and just paint for myself!

Here's Becca's shop link to Etsy.  And to find out more about Becca, go to her website here.

strawberries
praying mantis


bouquet card

fox hunt

seasonal card set
amish clothesline

No comments: