Friday 21 September 2012

Design - British home stores


Appliqued poppy cushion
Hello peeps!  Hope you have all had a great week?  Mine has gone very quickly and I'm now packing for our trip to Wales this afternoon.  Very, very excited as visiting a couple of friends near Ceredigion which is in the middle of nowhere, which sounds perfect to me... here's the map!   Husband and wife team, Helen and Steve Watson, are building an amazing place for people to go and stay, it's in it's early stages, but I will take a few photos and update you next week as it sounds beautiful, they have an owl, living in the barn, and pet ducks, a new kitty, and Star the collie dog.  have a look at their blog about getting it all ready for customers here.

This week I saw some of my designs online, that I created for BHS when I worked for them full-time.  So I thought I'd show some of my favourites.  

They sit in the theme 'Skandi' which is all about Scandinavian design:  Strong and simple icons with texture fills in red, white, sky, navy and slate blues with black highlights sit well against pale wood and natural textiles.  

Skandi apples

Oswald the owl

Abstract circle lampshade

Owl cushion: crewel work stitches.


Leaf floral lampshade.
I really enjoyed working on this theme, so was a good one to leave on.



No comments: