Monday 16 July 2012

Make it - fairy cakes

These are the fairy cakes I made Saturday afternoon.  I didn't have any cake decorations so I used some Viola flower heads from the garden as I remember reading they're edible.  I have to say they did wilt the next day, so they didn't last long. 



I'm sure you know the recipe for fairy cakes, but here it is just incase: 
Preheat oven to 180
115g self raising flour
115g golden caster sugar
115g butter
2 eggs
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
a large handful of sultanas (if you want them in there).
Mix all together and put in the cup cake cases.
Bake in middle of oven for 20 minutes.
Leave to cool and cover with Betty Crocker icing (cheating I know but it's delicious)!


I keep forgetting which jar has my self raising flour in, so I made this pretty sticker while the cakes were in the oven.


 The seedlings I'm growing at the moment, Sweet William, African Marigolds and Nigella.

1 comment:

Ruth said...

Those cakes look yummy. I really like the idea of using real flowers on cakes aswell. Very pretty :)